Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Panzer Paint Job

Initially I had painted my Panzer IVDs in Panzer gray. As my army developed I decided I really preferred the desert paint scheme to that used in early war Europe. So as my army developed these guys looked more and more out of place. Anyway I had the time to do something about this this weekend so repainted (sort of).

According to Battle Front German panzer shipped to Africa with Panzer Gray paint jobs were covered with mud and dust so they would blend with their surroundings. Unit markings were left clear.


Here is my interpretation of this approach(I also added decals to the Panzers).

I also snaped a shot of the with the company CO who was done in desert colors from the start but now has his decals. The shot was taken while both were drying from a final coat of sealer

2 comments: