Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Fencing Frenchman

I am not a big fan of 28mm, at least not for armies I like it for Heroic figures and I do love this figure of a Napoleonic French officer in an "on guard" position. 
The Careful observer will note the figure is left handed (I have some thing to tell you...)
  The sculptor really got the right look for a man in extended third guard.
The hand on the hip is only thing wrong with the stance a fencer of the early 19th century would probably hold his hand at chest height to help ward off sword and bayonet thrusts.  Still the figure looks very good and will be a nice officer for my French Brigade probably serving with the Skirmishers. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! Reminds me of the dashing French Colonel in the "Sharpe's Rifles" series who is married to Liz Hurley.
    Very sorry to hear about your loss.

    Steve - Sound Officer's Call

    ReplyDelete