Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Regiment Marini

Originally this regiment had another name I have changed it to Regiment Marini. I had originally said the black cuffs were in honor of the heroic death of the  regiments much honored first Corneal and this is still true.  The Regiment had Buff facings (the waist coat is still buff) but these have been died black in honor of Corneal Marini.
 Frank Marini was the man I had in mind when imagining that that Corneal and I have decided the regiment should carry his name.  Frank was the Porteur Drapeau of regiment Saintonge for many years and a real life hero who served with the US Marines in Korea and won a Navy Cross.  He was also one of the nicest men I have ever known.   For this reason Regiment Marini will carry the Colors of Regiment Saintonge.

Frank were ever you are Regiment Saintonge misses you.

No comments:

Post a Comment