Friday, August 23, 2013

For my Cousins Teamy Conley

Ray and Paula Conley
My cousins Cindy and Nancy are walking on September 28th to raise money and awareness for the Coalition for Pulmonary Fibrosis.  For those who don't know (which would have included me until a shot while ago) Pulmonary fibrosis occurs when lung tissue becomes damaged and scarred. This thickened, stiff tissue makes it more difficult for your lungs to work properly. As pulmonary fibrosis worsens, you become progressively more short of breath.

 In their own words: We're walking as Team Conley because three generations of our family have been affected by pulmonary fibrosis with three different triggers - sister Paula (radiation therapy), father Ray (asbestosis), and grandmother Esther (idiopathic.) Each was a fighter in her/his own right, not letting a diminished quality of life affect her/his strong spirit. We are trying to raise money so others don't have to see their loved ones struggling to breathe, struggling to keep food down, and struggling to live. This debilitating disease is not well known, but it takes as many lives as breast cancer each year. Any donation will be very welcome to help find a cure/help for this disease.

There are a lot of worthy causes out there and I am sure you donate to your share. For myself I would not as but for my cousins I am asking please consider a small donation. The greatest works are built from many small contributions.

Please consider donating: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/CindyLeary/3rd-annual-boston-walk

No comments:

Post a Comment