Monday, December 30, 2013

Top posts of 2013 (Post 500)


This is my 500th post thank you all for reading and a specialty thank you to anyone who has faced me across the table win or lose you make these adventures possible.  Final number for the year and I have had 33,575 visitors over the course of the year thanks for dropping by.  Now 2013 (or most of it) in review, starting with the most popular page from each month.
January http://fencingfrog.blogspot.com/2013/01/french-armor.html
Somua-35 tanks these have yet to see action due to the lack of Early War Flames of War in my area but I still like them even if I have heard the light tan is actually supposed to be a gray blue (research is constant in any historic field)
My First Game of Maurice Played with Jon of Wargaming Recon a very old school affair with minimal terrain because Jon's gaming table was not yet available.
Possibly my most popular painting project ever! and One of the top five most popular pages in the Blogs history as of this publication.
My poor showing as commander of the French Legation the only bright spot was the Germans did even worse.
Adrian's Prussians face of against My French and Chris' Polish but its a Prussian defeat but French Forces do not fair well on the other tables of this massive battle and Napoleon goes down in defeat.
Britain reverses the historic fortunes in the fight winning out over the Revolutionary forces.
Painted for sale and finally sold after much effort, they did look fine and I was tempted to keep them.
Trying out With Fire and Sword game rules.  I liked them and wish I saw more games of this system.

My first meeting with John and a great game of Lesalle I enjoyed this Napoleonic game but I enjoy all of Sam Mustafa's games so that is no great surprise.
 And http://fencingfrog.blogspot.com/2013/09/flodden-1513.html
September also saw the Battle of Floden gamed on almost the 500th anniversary to the day. 
Another Meeting with John and another great game of Lesalle a real hammer and tongs battle with in the battle of Waterloo
The last two games are Longstreet fast becoming my favorite current game.  I lost this first one to Ted and Dave...
December http://fencingfrog.blogspot.com/2013/12/longstreet-game-2.html
and the second to John who was very excited by the game as seen on his blog: New Era and Rule Set

Its been an eventful a busy gaming year. I finished my Grand Duchy of D'Argent' army for Maurice and have finished most of a Confederate army for Longstreet (still waiting on some parts on order at Hobby Bunker).  I have made a lot of progress on the Great Re-basing project though that still has some work to be done.  Task Force AC left the construction yard but has yet to see action at this time.  Looking forward I have a Medieval DBA army to paint and plans to start on a Union Brigade for Longstreet as well. I also am considering doing a Gods and Mortals army probably with a Tolkien theme.

Thanks for reading this year and I look forward to sharing more gaming adventures next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment