Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Yankee Sharpshooters and Hero

My friend Cortland has been good enough to lend me his Yankees for my Longstreet battles so far. I have been looking at getting some of my own set up and these are the first arrivals as Cortland's set does not have any figures appropriate for sharpshooter or hero markers.

 When I got this first fellow in a set of random Old Glory miniatures I found on eBay I figured he had to bee a hero marker. Clearly he is one of those many soldiers who supplied himself with an extra weapon or maybe he picked it up off a slain officer or cavalry man. 
 Its a realy nice pose dynamic but balanced looks very much like man firing on the move.
 For sharpshooters I went with the classic 1st US Sharpshooters with the green uniform.
 I did one fellow with the light blue pants of the regular army uniform as I am given to understand men of this unit often go regular army equipment when their special uniforms wore out.
These are the first of the Yankees for my new project a Union Brigade. Union brigades don't often have a State Identification and only a few had specific designation and those tend to be famous.  There are a lot of Iron Brigades and Irish Brigades out there so I am looking for a theme.  As far as I know I don't have any Civil War soldiers among my ancestors so a Union brigade doesn't spring directly to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment