Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Anglo-French Taining excercis: First game of 2016

I met up with Mark for the first time in a long time at the Whiz Sunday and we decided to pit our early war lists against each other. Mark was running his Early war Indians and I had my French Recon, the Mission is Hasty Attack
My boys advance in the recon phase pushing on the left most objective...
as far from the three Mathildas as possible (I have nothing that can even scratch their paint).
Turn one we are in assault rang and unleash a storm of MG and gun fire that pins but doesn't kill a single gun
My assault is less than successful with two tank bailed out (and thus destroyed) though they do leave a bit of smoke screen I can use.
Matilda and her sisters are on the way...
More troops come up... more MG and cannon fire...
We get one Boffor but lose a platoon of Panhards in the process...
and Matilda and her sisters are now in the area...
Mark is having some firepower troubles of his own...
I move troops to the right hoping I can stretch Marks defenses and maybe bring pressure on this second objective.
Infantry moves forwards hopefully they will be able to follow up the tank assault.
In go the French armor it’s a savage fight but over a several turns mark has the better of it.
With two bailed out I concede my dice were bad and I may have been to aggressive early on. This list has to win fast especially when the enemy has a platoon it can't kill. Mark also played a good game using his army well.

No comments:

Post a Comment