Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Winter Painting Challenge

Once again Curt is holding his annual winter challenge the  7th Winter Challenge.  The theme of this challenge is Camaraderie and Teamwork.  So we are being asked to team up for the Curt Geld the miniature painted and sent to our fearless leader (who donates to a local animal shelter in turn).

The inspiration piece this year is the classic work of fiction the Seven Men of Gascony.  If you haven't read it it's worth reading, its very much a piece reflective of its time and I am not sure how well it works for a modern reader.

The bonus rounds have me feeling very disappointed that Bones III will not arrive before the end of the challenge (at this point I am skeptical I will see it before next summer).

  • January 8th - Armour

  • January 22nd - East

  • February 5th - Terrain: 'Home' 

  • February 19th - West

  • March 5th - Character(s) and/or Scene from a Movie, TV program, Book or piece of Music
Bones III would have provided me with every thing I need for all of these.  As it is I feel I've got at least three of them in hand.  We shall have to see about the others.  

I'm planning to paint up a pike and shot stuff army and the Grand Duchy of D'Argent will be getting a slate of opponents.  I've put my personal target at 1500 points.  My current planed 25mm items will give me a solid start with 410.  The Bonus rounds should give a minimum of 200.  That should be a good start on the target (610).  D'Argents enemies will be in 15mm and I don't have that fully planned out but each unit should give me between 16 and 32 points.  I also have the Warmonger Miniatures halberdiers that should net me another 20 points.     Other things will come to me as the challenge gets rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment